Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection to your computer.
The “disable windows filtering platform” is a Windows feature that can block connections to websites. This article will teach you how to disable this feature and prevent future problems.
Kazim has always been fascinated by technology, whether it’s tinkering with the settings on his iPhone, Android device, or Windows computer. And, on occasion, unscrewing the device to inspect the hardware, though… Continue reading
- After upgrading to Windows 11, a number of users have reported that the Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection.
- This is mostly due to a bug that occurred during the update, causing the Windows Firewall to be misidentified.
- Run the SFC scan, restart Windows Security Center, or establish a new user account, among the various options suggested below, to resolve the issue.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows 11, Microsoft’s most recent version in the series, is claimed to be the most sophisticated and user-friendly. However, mistakes are just as widespread, if not more so, as in the prior edition. We’ll look at the Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection issue in this post.
The error occurs when the Base Filtering Engine blocks specific packets or connections. Though the issue may seem complex to most people, the solutions are straightforward and are outlined in the following sections.
If you’re getting this error in Windows 11, it’s likely that the upgrade didn’t go through properly and Windows Firewall has misidentified something.
But, before we get into the remedies, it’s critical that you know what the Windows Filtering Platform is for and what its key functions are.
What are the benefits of the Windows Filtering Platform for developers?
Developers may design network filtering apps using the Windows Filtering Platform, which consists of a collection of system services and an API (Application Programming Interface). It initially appeared in Windows Vista and has since become an integral element of the Windows ecosystem.
It may also be used to create standalone firewalls and antivirus software, as well as other network-related applications. An application may use this to access and alter packets while they are being processed.
The following are the three key aspects of the Windows Filtering Platform:
- Engine for the Base Filter
- Filter Engine (Generic)
- Modules with Callouts
Let’s move on to the most effective cures for the Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection issue in Windows 11 now that you’re familiar with the notion.
In Windows 11, how can I repair the Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection error?
1. Turn off the Firewall
- To open the Search menu, press Windows + S. In the top text area, type Windows Defender Firewall, and then select the appropriate search result that displays.
- Then, from the list of choices on the left, choose Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Under both Private and Public network settings, select the box for Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended), then click OK at the bottom to preserve the changes.
Restart the system after making the changes to see if the Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection problem in Windows 11. If not, proceed to the next step.
2. Start the DISM tool.
- To open the Search menu, press Windows + S. In the top text box, type Windows Terminal, right-click on the appropriate search result, and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) prompt appears, select Yes.
- Select Command Prompt from the list of choices by clicking the downward-facing arrow at the top. Alternatively, you may open Command Prompt in a new tab in Windows Terminal by pressing Ctrl + Shift + 2.
- Next, paste the following command into the command prompt and press Enter to run it: Scanhealth/DISM/Online/Cleanup-image
- Last but not least, run the following command: DISM/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth DISM/Online/Cleanup-image DISM/Online/Cleanup-image DISM
3. Run an SFC scan in a hurry.
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R. To launch an elevated Windows Terminal, type wt in the text field, hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys, and then click OK or Enter.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) question appears, choose Yes.
- Select Command Prompt from the menu that opens by clicking the downward arrow.
- Next, type or paste the following command into the command prompt and press Enter to start the SFC scan:sfc /scannow
The SFC (System File Checker) scan is used to look for corrupt system files and, if any are found, replace them with the system’s cached copy. So, if the Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection issue in Windows 11 is caused by damaged system files, performing the SFC check should cure it.
Wait for the scan to finish after running the command, then restart the computer to see whether the issue has been resolved.
4. Open Windows Security Center and restart it.
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R. To open the Services app, type services.msc into the text area and press OK or Enter.
- Locate the Windows Defender Firewall service and double-click it.
- Check to see whether the status of the service is “Running.”
- If not, start the service by clicking the Start option under Service status.
- To access the Search menu, press Windows + S. In the text box, type Windows Terminal, right-click on the appropriate search result, and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) question appears, choose Yes.
- After that, run the following command and restart the computer: reg add “HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender” /v “DisableAntiSpyware” /d 1 /t REG DWORD /f “HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender”
- After the computer has restarted, enter the following command: reg add “HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender” /v “DisableAntiSpyware” /d 0 /t REG DWORD /f “HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender”
Restart the machine after that to see whether the Windows Filtering Platform has stopped a connection issue in Windows 11.
5. Turn off your antivirus software.
The procedures to deactivate the built-in Windows Security program are described below. If you’re using a third-party antivirus, check its settings or go to the manufacturer’s website’s FAQ section for instructions on how to disable it.
- To open the Search menu, press Windows + S. In the top text field, type Windows Security, and then click on the first relevant search result that appears.
- Select Virus and Threat Protection from the drop-down menu.
- Under Virus & Threat Protection Settings, choose Manage settings.
- After that, deactivate the antivirus by clicking the option under Real-time protection.
- Finally, when the UAC (User Account Control) prompt appears, select Yes.
Antivirus software is known to interfere with network settings, resulting in a slew of problems. This is most often the case with third-party antivirus software, although the built-in Windows Security might also be the issue.
Whether the previous solutions don’t work, try deactivating your antivirus and seeing if the Windows Filtering Platform has prevented a connection issue in Windows 11.
Whether the issue continues, remove the third-party antivirus software and see if the situation improves. Check out our roundup of the best antivirus software for Windows 11 as well.
6. Make a new account on the local network.
The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection problem in many cases was caused by a corruption in the user account. If the above methods haven’t worked, you can create a new local account on your Windows 11 computer.
While there is some debate over whether you should use a Microsoft or a Local account, the latter should be the better option here because it isn’t tied to any servers and can be used independently on the device.
The error should no longer appear in the Event Viewer once you’ve established a new local account.
Which version of Windows is superior, Windows 11 or Windows 10?
Most people have been ecstatic to get their hands on Windows 11 now that it has officially been released. However, many users have been skeptical of the upgrade due to a variety of factors.
The main reason is that they are used to Windows 10 and will need some time to adjust to the new operating system. But it’s not a compelling excuse, given that Windows 11 has a slightly improved user interface as well as a slew of other improvements and security changes aimed at improving your experience.
If you’re still undecided between the two, check out our comparison of Windows 11 vs Windows 10.
That’s all there is to the Windows Filtering Platform blocking a connection issue in Windows 11, as well as the most essential remedies.
If the techniques described above fail to resolve the Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a packet problem, you may conduct a system restore or restore Windows 11 to its factory settings.
In the comments area below, let us know which repair worked and what your opinions are on the entire Windows 11 versus Windows 10 controversy.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “windows filtering platform blocking rdp” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released 9 fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off Windows Filtering Platform?
A: To turn off Windows Filtering Platform, click the Start Menu on your left, type in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and select it. Then press Change settings to disable filtering.
How do I disable audit Filtering Platform Connection?
A: To disable audit Filtering Platform Connection, please navigate to your Beat Saber App Settings and select Audit Mode in the bottom right corner of your screen.
What is Event ID 5157?
A: Event ID 5157 is a Windows error message indicating that the device was not able to schedule an update because it was in use by another process. This can occur when multiple programs are running and try to install updates at once, causing the system to be unable to allocate resources properly.
- the windows filtering platform has blocked a connection. 5152 firewall is disabled
- windows filtering platform events
- the windows filtering platform has blocked a connection 5157
- the windows filtering platform has permitted a connection
- the windows filtering platform has blocked a connection dns exe