WhatsApp is an awesome app, with an awesome feature, but it is failing you right now. Let us help you fix the issue, so you can begin using WhatsApp again. As many of you know, WhatsApp’s update to iOS 13/13.1/14/15 has caused the application to crash, with no solution available.
WhatsApp, the most popular messaging app in the world, has steadily grown over the last few years. With almost every major smartphone manufacturer integrating the app into their devices, WhatsApp finally became available on Apple’s iPhones. Unfortunately, the update did not go well for some people who have faced issues with the app since iOS 13 was released.
WhatsApp has been the most popular messaging app in the world for years now. This year, iOS users can now enjoy a brand new update which is a big improvement on its old design. But sadly, the great update has no problem working after the update. The app is working fine on some devices but not on others. It may have something to do with the iOS system update.
Is your phone still stuck on WhatsApp not functioning after updating to iOS 13?
Worried about the fact that WhatsApp alerts aren’t functioning on iOS 13?
Isn’t it true that everytime a new update for our gadget becomes available, we rush to install it?
This problem affects both Android and iOS users. Keep in mind that each update contains a number of new features and advantages that Apple provides for its iOS devices.
However, there are a number of issues that arise at the same time. Following the introduction of iOS 13, several customers have reported a variety of problems with their iPhones and iPads.
One such problem was the inability to use WhatsApp. This is a significant issue since individuals today rely entirely on social networking sites for all of their tasks.
If you’re having problems with “WhatsApp not functioning on iPhone 12” or “WhatsApp keeps crashing after iOS 13 upgrade,” this blog is for you.
I’m going to show you some of the best methods to solve WhatsApp not functioning after the iOS 13 upgrade.
What Are The Most Common WhatsApp Issues Following The iOS 13 Update?
After upgrading iPhone to iOS 13/13.1/13.2/14/15, a number of problems arise.
So, here’s a list of some of the most frequent problems that indicate a problem with WhatsApp:
- WhatsApp is unable to send or receive messages.
- On iOS 12/13/13.1/13.2/14/15, WhatsApp crashes.
- On iPhone, WhatsApp is now unavailable.
- On iOS 12/13/13.1/13.2/14/15, contacts do not appear in WhatsApp.
- Notifications on WhatsApp aren’t working on iOS 12/13/13.1/13.2/14/15.
- On iOS 12/13/13.1/13.2/14/15, WhatsApp displays “Waiting for This Message.”
- On iOS 12/13/13.1/13.2/14/15, WhatsApp will not connect to Wi-Fi.
What are the options for getting WhatsApp to work again after the iOS 13/13.1 update?
Now is the time to search for answers to the problem of WhatsApp crashing after updating to iOS 13/13.1.
So let’s have a look at them:
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone.
Doing a hard reset of your iPhone is the first thing you should do if WhatsApp keeps halting. It is the most effective and widely suggested remedy to the issue.
Because iOS 13 supports iPhone 5S and later devices, there are various methods to forcibly restart your iPhone depending on your device.
To resolve the problem, follow the instructions below:
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on your iPhone X/8/8 Plus. Then tap and hold the Sleep button until the Apple logo appears.
- Press the Sleep and Volume Down buttons on your iPhone 7/7 Plus until the Apple logo appears.
- Press the Sleep and Home buttons together until the Apple logo displays on your iPhone 5S/SE/6/6s/6 Plus.
Solution 2: Force WhatsApp to close.
If the following method does not work for you, force the app to close and restart your device.
This is also a popular solution for the WhatsApp stuck on loading issue that you may encounter. In reality, by following this procedure, many random problems may be fixed.
Follow the instructions below:
- To begin, hit the Home button twice quickly.
- This will bring up a list of applications that have been utilized lately. Now search for WhatsApp and swipe up to remove it from the list. You can also stop all background applications from running without any difficulty.
- Wait a few moments, then restart your phone and open WhatsApp again.
Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp as a third option.
To get rid of the problem, you may delete and reinstall WhatsApp. This is one of the most effective methods for resolving the problem.
To delete and reinstall WhatsApp on iOS 13/13.1, follow the instructions below.
Step 1: From your phone’s Home screen, click and hold any accessible app.
Step 2: When the icons start to jitter, go to WhatsApp and click the “X” in the left corner. This will delete WhatsApp from your iPhone.
Step 3: Finally, choose “Delete” to finalize the WhatsApp application’s removal.
Solution 4: Turn off Wi-Fi and mobile data.
Another essential factor to consider is having a reliable internet connection. If there is a problem with your internet connection, WhatsApp will show you that you are unable to access it.
So here’s what you need to do:
- Simply go to “Settings” > then “Cellular” to switch cellular data on and off. Now switch the cellular data on and off.
- Go to “Settings” and choose the “Wi-Fi” option to switch on and off Wi-Fi data. To verify and solve the issue, turn on and off the Wi-Fi connection. You may also try connecting to different Wi-Fi networks.
Solution #5: Increase iPhone Storage
Users often experience WhatsApp not functioning on iPhone 12/11/8 owing to a lack of storage space on their iPhone.
In this case, you should first check the available storage space by navigating to Settings > General > iPhone storage.
If there isn’t enough space, uninstall any applications that aren’t in use and then reinstall them. This will free up some space on your iPhone, allowing you to use WhatsApp with ease.
Solution 6: Update the Apps That Are Currently Available
Keep all of your applications updated on your iPhone, and this is one of the easiest methods to repair WhatsApp that continues crashing after the iOS 13/13.1 upgrade.
The creators provide fresh updates in accordance with the iOS update, and updating the applications resolves many dangerous malware.
To update your iPhone’s applications, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: From the Home screen, go to App Store.
Step 2: Click the Updates button in the bottom right corner. Following that, you’ll see a list of applications that need to be updated.
Step 3: If WhatsApp requires an update, go to the app’s settings and choose “Update.”
Step 4: Finally, if any additional applications need an update, choose “Update All.”
Solution 7: Delete WhatsApp Data Files And Cache
The WhatsApp app cache consumes a lot of storage space and therefore slows down the app’s performance. You must delete the cache files in order to use the program properly:
- To begin, go to Settings > General.
- Then go to “Storage and iCloud” > “WhatsApp” > “Cache Files” > “Cache Files” > “Cache Files” > “Cache Files” > “Cache Files” > “Cache Files”
- The cache files will be removed if you touch on “Delete App.”
Solution #8: Disable iPhone Restrictions
The limitation app is another significant factor that may prevent WhatsApp from functioning.
If this option is selected, all applications and services will be restricted, which may prevent certain apps from functioning.
To resolve this problem, follow the instructions below:
- To begin, click to Settings > General.
- Now choose Content & Privacy Restrictions from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose Disable Restrictions from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted, enter the restriction code once again.
After you’ve completed all of the adjustments, reboot your phone and check your WhatsApp app once again.
Solution 9: Downgrade to a lower iOS version
Downgrading your operating system to a lower version may also help you get rid of WhatsApp crashing on iOS 14/13.
Yes, it’s possible that the iOS 13/14 upgrade is incompatible with your phone, thus it’s best to downgrade.
- To begin, use a USB connection to backup your iTunes library on a Windows or macOS computer.
- Now go to https://ipsw.me/ and get the IPSW file for iOS 13/13.1 on your iPhone.
- After that, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and turn off Find My iPhone.
- Then go into Recovery Mode on your phone.
- After that, connect your device to iTunes, and it will be recognized in recovery mode by iTunes. Then, on a Mac, hit and hold the Option key, or the Shift key on a PC, and then touch the Restore option in iTunes.
- Choose the IPSW file you downloaded from the drop-down menu.
That is all there is to it.
Solution ten: Get in touch with the WhatsApp Support Team.
Is WhatsApp still not working after the iOS 13/13.1 update?
If none of the above methods work, you may contact the WhatsApp Messenger Support staff and explain your situation.
You may also use the WhatsApp website to contact them and email them about the issue you’re having.
Perhaps the app has a bug or requires sophisticated solutions, or perhaps your phone does not support the most recent iOS version.
As a result, you should contact the support staff as soon as possible.
Solution 11: Workaround for WhatsApp Not Working After iOS 13/13.1/13.2/14/15 Update
Another viable option for resolving the WhatsApp not functioning on iPhone issue is to use iOS System Repair. This is a professional tool that may assist you in resolving any problems you may have with your iPhone or iPad.
This powerful tool can quickly fix any issues or difficulties that arise on iPhone.
Many experts recommend using this program to repair a variety of problems on iPhones and iPads, including BSOD, iPhone freezing, WSOD error, iPhone stuck on validating update error, stuck on Apple logo, stuck in Recovery mode, and a variety of other difficulties.
The tool works with all iPhone models, including the iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone X/XR/XS, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, and iOS 15/14/13/12/11.
So, if you encounter similar issues on your iPhone/iPad, just download iOS System Repair and easily repair WhatsApp not functioning after iOS 13/13.1 upgrade.
iOS System Repair Software is available for free download.
(* The free version simply scans and displays recoverable data.)
WhatsApp is a frequently used app, therefore when it stops functioning, it’s a frustrating scenario. Users, on the other hand, often experience similar problems after installing a new version, such as iOS 13/13.1.
I’ve covered many methods to repair WhatsApp not functioning after the iOS 13 upgrade in this article, and I hope that following them will resolve the issue.
Choose the iOS System Repair tool for a fast and sophisticated way to solve WhatsApp not functioning on iPhone.
Furthermore, if you have any ideas or questions, please leave them in the comment area below.
You may also contact us via our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is an SEO specialist and a professional blogger. She enjoys writing blogs and articles on Android and iOS phones. She is the creator of Android-iOS-data-recovery and is passionate about resolving problems with Android and iOS devices.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps to date. It has many features to help you connect with your friends, share photos and videos, and chat with them. However, one of the most important features that WhatsApp has is the ability to keep in touch with your contacts whilst offline. If you are experiencing a problem on your phone with WhatsApp or you no longer have access to WhatsApp or the app is not working, then you may need to update your iOS on your iPhone.. Read more about whatsapp crashing ios 14 and let us know what you think.
- whatsapp not working on iphone after update
- ios 14.4.2 whatsapp issues
- whatsapp notifications not working ios 13
- whatsapp crashing iphone 11
- whatsapp ios share sheet not working